The primary focus of the event is to provide a series of courses and practical sessions covering the latest advances in the field of data science.
The event is targeted for students (MSc2, PhD), postdocs, academics, members of public institutions, and professionals.
DS3 is composed of
tutorials on selected topics, accompanied with shorter talks (1h) presented by
leading experts of the area1,
parallel sessions on Health and Social Sciences,
in-depth tutorials with practical sessions during 2 days in smaller groups,
several networking facilities, including poster sessions2, meeting possibilities at the sponsor booths, welcoming cocktail, banquet, shuttle bus3 going to/back every morning/evening from the Polytechnique campus.
It is our great honour to have Philippe Conticini as a distinguished guest on Wednesday who will prepare the dessert of the banquet.
Distinguished for both his sweet and savoury efforts, he is considered by his peers and by the media as one of the figureheads of contemporary French and International gastronomy. He is especially concerned with the transmission of emotions through his culinary works and the popularization of such a work on taste.
Statistics of the event in 2017 :
- 400 participants
- 220 students (MSc, PhD) & postdocs, 100 professionals
- 16 experts (speakers, guests)
- 30 countries (click on the flags)
- 6 continents
- 200 institutions
- 50 companies
- 6 sponsors
- 120 posters
- female : male ratio = 3 : 10
Sharing the summer school:
1. The opening ceremony (9:30-10:30am) and the first talks on Monday morning by Yann LeCun and Adrian Weller are available for public attendance freely. We suggest to our guests attending these talks (only) to arrive by 9:00am.
2. Participants are encouraged to present a poster during the event.
3. Shuttle buses can be used only by participants who signed up for them.